ARTICLES OF ORGANIZATION
The undersigned, with the intention of creating a Maryland Limited Liability Company files the
following Articles of Organization:
(1) The name of the Limited Liability Company is:
(2) The purpose for which the Limited Liability Company is filed is as follows:
(3) The address of the Limited Liability Company in Maryland is
(4) The resident agent of the Limited Liability Company in Maryland is
whose address is
Signature(s) of Authorized Person(s)
Filing party’s return address:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DRAFTING
A LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
To create a Maryland Limited Liability Company (LLC) an originally executed Articles of Organization
must be submitted to:
Department of Assessments and Taxation
301 W. Preston Street
Baltimore, MD 21201-2392
(1) Insert the name here. The name must not be misleadingly similar to that of another LLC, Corporation,
Trade Name, Limited Partnership or Limited Liability Partnership on file with the Department and the name
of the LLC must include one of the following:
a. Limited Liability Company
e. L C
(2) Insert the purpose of the LLC. A one or two sentence description of the business is sufficient.
(3) Insert the address of the LLC. The address must be in Maryland and cannot be a P.O. box.
(4) Insert the name and address (cannot be a P.O. box) of the resident agent. A resident agent is another
entity or individual designated to accept service of process for the LLC. The resident agent can be any
Maryland citizen who is over eighteen, a Maryland corporation or a Maryland LLC. This person must also
sign the document.
(5) Execution – must be signed by any adult individual authorized by the persons forming the LLC.
(6) The resident agent must sign here.
(7) Insert the return address for any correspondence regarding this filing.
NOTE: This list is the mandatory provisions. Any provision the parties decide is relevant may be added to
the Articles of Organization. Documents must be typed or printed. No handwritten documents will be
(1) Certificate of Organization $100.00
(2) Certified Copy of document above $20.00 + $1.00 page
(3) Certificate of Status at time of filing $20.00
Maryland State Department of Assessments & Taxation
NOTES: Due to the fact that the laws governing the formation and operation of business entities and the
effectiveness of a UCC Financing Statement involves more than filing documents with our office, we suggest you
consult an attorney, accountant or other professional. State Department of Assessments & Taxation staff cannot
offer business counseling or legal advice.
Regarding annual documents to be filed with the Department of Assessments & Taxation: All domestic and foreign
legal entities must submit a Personal Property Return to the Department. Failure to file a Personal Property Return
will result in forfeiture of your right to conduct business in Maryland
Where and how do I file my documents?
By mail or in-person submissions should directed to:
State Department of Assessments and Taxation, Charter Division
301 W. Preston Street; 8th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201-2395
All checks must be made out to State Department of Assessments and Taxation. The cost to file
documents should be included with the form. A schedule of filing fees is available online at
Online business registration and document filing via the Maryland EGov Business portal. See the
Maryland Business Express link on the homepage at www.dat.maryland.gov
The Department of Assessments and Taxation no longer accepts via facsimile (fax) corporate
documents for filing or document copy request.artorgan
How long will it take to process my documents?
Regular document processing time is 4-6 weeks.
Expedited processing request will be handled within 7 business days. The expedited service fee is an
additional $50.00 for each document; other fees may also apply.
Hand-delivered documents in limited quantities receive same day expedited service between 8:30 a.m.
and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. You must be in line no later than 4:15 p.m. in order to receive
service that same day.
Online filed documents are considered expedited and will be processed within 7 business days.
Revised: August 2016